Monday, April 29th, 2013
We have featured round-ups of alphabet prints before, but never the idea to turn a whole wall into an alphabet print! I love how this is so customisable so you can have it exactly as you want it. Another awesome idea is to give the letters out to friends and family and have them decorate them for you! They could also add a wish for baby to the back, so the alphabet wall becomes your guest book!
Awesome image courtesy of Collected
This would work in any nursery or play room and could be shrunk for smaller rooms and made to any colours/designs. It’s a great idea and one that you could get the whole family involved in!
Tuesday, April 16th, 2013
I’m writing this after I spent the entire day stripping my bedroom of wallpaper. It was definitely one of the more boring days of my life! And in the days ahead of me I have to put up lining paper, then wallpaper, and only then do I get to paint (because I have rubbish walls and need to mask them with anaglypta)!
So anyway, I’m hating wallpaper a little right now, and any ideas that are simple and solely paint-focused are awesome in my eyes!
Like the following round-up of dots and spots for a child’s nursery, bedroom or play room.
Fun, playful and way easier than wallpapering I can assure you!
1. How about a random pattern in random colours? From The Boo and the Boy.
2. Feeling fancy? Go metallic like these spots seen on Chic Cheap Nursery.
3. For a more unique take on polka dots I love just a few being differently coloured, like these on Cutting Edge Stencils.
4. Popsugar shows you how to do uniform, colourful spots superbly well.
5. These black smaller dots via Maureen Stevens are contemporary and cool.
The stencil solution
And if you want to try something like this yourself but aren’t sure where to start, a polka dot stencil such as this from Henry Donovan Motif will make the job even easier for you!
Tuesday, March 19th, 2013
I love themed nurseries. And I think certain themes can grow with the child for many years too. Such as this ‘Forest Friends’ theme. I think my firstborn will have a mini forest for a nursery as I love how many creative touches you can add to a room like this. Here are just a few ideas to get you dreaming of a woodland wonderland…
- These toy hooks would be amazing using woodland animals and for hanging clothes! Idea via The Daily Telecraft.
- Every woodland inspired room needs a toadstool of some sort. Available from Little Fashion Gallery
- I love this retro cot from De Oude Speelkamer so much!
- There are so many beautiful wooden products from Decoy Lab that would be perfect in a forest-themed room.
- Sara Carr makes the cutest fox toy; fit for snuggles.
- A wooden floor would be ideal for a nursery and then, to add a cosy feel, throw in this wood grain rug from Overstock.
- A fab idea via Barbara Groen is to take a tree stump and add wheels for a portable bedside table.
- There are tons of woodland prints out there. I like this one by Small Adventure
- Why not get a few little knick knacks for the shelves such as these felted acorns from Felt Jar?
- And to really set the scene a wall of trees is ideal. This wall decal’s from In An Instant Art and comes in lots of different colours.
Do you have a forest-themed room in your house? Send us pictures if so please, we want to see!