Monday, July 28th, 2014
Summer days wouldn’t be the same without… GIANT BUBBLES!
I have fond memories of being out in the garden with my dad as young girl, making giant bubbles from fairy liquid diluted with water, a couple of straws and some string.
It would seem the recipes shared around on Pinterest these days have been tweaked a little from when I was a kid, however I imagine the result is essentially the same: giant bubbles that your little ones are guaranteed to love!
A tub of bubble mix
The recipe over at Living Well, Spending Less is how to get big bubbles from a small amount of bubble solution and the classic method I remember of 2 straws and some string.
Here is what you need for the bubble mix:
- 3 Cups water
- 1/2 Cup dish-washing liquid
- 1/4 Cup corn flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon golden syrup
For details on making your bubble-maker just click the link.
A paddling pool of bubble mix!
But you know what they say… go big or go home. A visit over to Lindsay and Drew‘s blog educated me on how to go BIG!
Here’s the list…
- 19 Litres of soft or distilled water
- 10 Cups dish-washing liquid
- 2 Cups golden syrup
- 1 Paddling Pool
- 1 Hula hoop
They recommend letting the bubble solution sit over night for best results. And here are those awesome results…
Hours of fun! :D
Friday, June 27th, 2014
This genius idea for non-messy, DIY, colourful decorations from Meet The Dubiens is intended for a Christmas tree, but I think it would be a wonderful way to brighten up a party room! Multi-coloured or colour-themed, these would look fantastic hanging over the party food table, or perhaps even from trees in the garden. Imagine them with sunlight shining through – dreamy!
Check out the full DIY tutorial over at Meet The Dubiens.
Meet The Dubiens
Monday, June 23rd, 2014
It’s Summer and time to make the most of your outdoor space, and get the kids enjoying some time in the sun. What better idea than to encourage some backyard dens! From old sheets thrown over rope strung up between trees to permanent living willow spaces, there’s a den idea to suit every space, budget and time allowance. Throw in some cushions, favourite toys and fairy lights, and you’ve got a beautiful outdoor space for the kids to retreat to.
Awesome dens from top to bottom and left to right:
- Living tipi sculpture by Alexis Tricoire
- Easy tent from Little Bit Funky
- Princess den found on Pinterest
- Lovely lights and a campfire, also found on Pinterest
- A quiet corner created by Puzzles Family Daycare
- A stencilled tent by Design Inspiration
- Living willow den by Little Trekkers
- A den amongst the flowers from All Through The Looking Glass
- Create a sheltered spot like this one from Aged and Gilded
- Or a hideaway in the trees from Idha Lindhag