As the holidays are fast approaching (yay!) I thought it prudent to gather some DIY activities which will help you to stay sane and the kids to stay occupied whilst you are on your travels (and some that are just too cute).
- A travel journal like this one from Dear Lizzy is a brilliant way to keep the kids busy whilst away from home and also creates a lovely keepsake for you to look back on in years to come.
- This travel toy blanket from Merriment Design needs a bit of time spending on it, but would be so worth it! Keeps toys and books safe, clean and within arms-reach, and provides entertainment for little fingers on long trips – great idea! Would also double as a play mat or picnic blanket.
- A car tidy bag – what parent doesn’t need one of these?! (I think I need about 12!) This tutorial from How Does She is so simple and allows you to create a washable bag, which is always a winner in my book!
- A high chair you can carry in your handbag?! Marvellous! Well done This Mama Makes Stuff. Ok, so perhaps it’s not British Kite Marked, but would you leave your baby alone at the table anyway? Didn’t think so! And I certainly can’t fit my current high chair in my hand luggage, so I’ll be having a go at this one!
- These diy travel trays from Somewhat Simple are great for carrying in the car. Magnetic chalk boards that can be used for snacks too. ‘Are we nearly there yet?’ will be merely a distant memory :)
- This is such an easy tutorial from bunnybum. Make a passport sleeve for all the family and save having to open everyone’s passport (the one you want will always be at the back) each time you need one. Like airports aren’t stressful enough! :)
- Very cute, very simple, marble maze games from Serving Pink Lemonade. I love how tactile these look! I bet I could fiddle with them all day, never mind the kids!
- Great tutorial from Get It Scrapped! for a travel games pack including a huge list of ideas for what to include in it. You will probably need to make a few!